In time, necklaces and chains lose their shine and start to rust. This means that the metal oxidizes and this occurs when we keep jewels in wet places or there are other factors that lead to rusting jewelry. Here are some tips to take care of chains and necklaces not to rust.How to Keep Necklaces and Chains from Rusting Picture
- Keep the necklaces and chains in a sealed box – cardboard jewelry box or wood lined with a material: velvet or satin -, to enter less in contact with air. Avoid using wooden jewelry boxes, because sometimes the wood is acid and will cause the chains and necklaces to rust.
- When you do not wear the necklaces and chains it is preferable to keep them individually in bags away from sources of light.
- Keep your chain and necklace away from wet places, such as the kitchen or the mirror shelf in the bathroom.
- It is important to clean the jewelry with a soft cloth – a 100% cotton towel or other cotton cloth – after a few wearing.
- Be careful not to touch the jewelry with chlorine-based products. Remove the chains and necklaces when washing with such products, because it attacks the metal. If you go to the pool, where water is treated with chlorine, take off your jewelry.
- Do not spray perfume directly on jewelry, when putting on chains and necklaces, because the essential oils and perfume alcohol reacts with the metal and it can rust.
- Chains and necklaces in contact with perfume, perspiration and so on, after a time they can change color, especially the gold ones.
These are the basic things that you can do to keep necklaces and chains from rusting and of course to keep your jewelry clean longer.
Trackback from your site.